The French Broad River is the third oldest river in the world and travels South to North. Named because it flows into what was French territory to the west during the time of the European settlers prior to the Louisiana purchase, and, of course, for its width. The section we float is wide, deep, and slow flowing. It’s perfect for paddlers of all levels. All of our trips are unguided to allow guests to enjoy the trip at their own speed.
RIVER ARTS DISTRICT
6 Miles – 3 hours – $40 per person
See Asheville from a different perspective! This urban float carves through the River Arts District, home to over 150 artists’ studios along the French Broad River.
- Float past 12 Bones, one of the best BBQ joints in Asheville, and a favorite of President Obama’s.
- Feeling adventurous? Paddle upstream on the Swannanoa River for a beautiful and invigorating excursion through the majestic Biltmore Estate. (only possible at certain water levels)
- This trip is also available for Stand Up Paddleboarding!
- Stop in at the Bywater by our shop to relax after the trip.
Choose from a Kayak, Canoe, SUP, or Tandem KayakBook Now!
HISTORIC BILTMORE TOUR
6 Miles – 2.5 hours – $45 per person
- See the world famous Biltmore Estate from a different perspective, as you float through the lush grounds and have a picturesque, unobstructed view.
- This trip is the best option for fishermen/women hoping to catch a big one!
- Enjoy paddling by the Biltmore house, stables, and past Antler Hill Village and the winery.
- The Biltmore is all private property, you cannot exit the river on this trip, but plan on having a cold one at our riverside bar at your take-out!
- Fewer people, more wildlife and scenery makes this a perfect trip for everyone!
Choose from a Kayak, Canoe, Tandem Kayak, or SUPBook Now!
THE ASHEVILLE EXPERIENCE TOUR
12 Miles – 4.5 hours – $60 per person
This is the quintessential Asheville float!
- Combine the Biltmore and River Arts District tours for the best Asheville experience!
- After passing through the Biltmore Estate, the French Broad curves through the more urban sections of Asheville, including the River Arts District.
- Then stop by at the Bywater to relax after the trip!
- This is a full day float and only offered until 1pm.
- Please plan accordingly and be sure to bring food, water, and sunscreen to enjoy your day on the river!
Choose from a Kayak, Canoe, or Tandem KayakBook Now!