Make Your Reservations
Use the buttons to the right to book your trip or gear rentals now! Please know that not all items/trip options are available to book online, so if you’re looking for something you don’t see, please give us a call! Also, if you are unsure of what option is best for you, we can talk you through the process over the phone. (828)505-7371
Frequently Asked Questions
Float Trip FAQ:
– Swimwear: Most people wear a swimsuit with shorts and a t-shirt over, but dress in clothes you can get wet in and won’t make you cold.
– Sun Protection: Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses (with strap)
– Change of Clothes: While not required, nobody like to ride home wet. Especially important on cooler days.
– Drinks: Dehydration is real and no fun. We have beverages available for purchase. NO GLASS BOTTLES.
– Food: Bring lunch or snacks (also available for purchase at the shop)
– Cooler: Bring your own ice and small cooler to keep everything cold.
– Dry Bag/Box: To keep stuff dry. Available at the shop for purchase.
– Fishing Gear: Optional, but fun.
– Anything you don’t want getting soaking wet or potentially lost forever.
– Glass: No glass containers of any kind are permitted.
Weather and Safety FAQ:
– Strainers: Downed or fallen trees and in stream objects are a serious threat. Keep clear of side channels and overhanging banks. Be alert!
– Sharp Rocks and Uneven River Beds: Shoes are required on all trips. While uncommon, uneven river beds can create foot entrapment opportunities. If the water is swift, do not try to stand up.
– Bridge Pylons: These are easy to avoid, but make sure to not hit these with your boat as it will cause you to fall out. It can potentially pin your boat against the structure and destroy it.
– High Water: FBO will cancel trips if the water is too high, but even a small increase in level can result in floating debris and tangled shorelines. Be alert.
– Weather: Abrupt changes in weather can create special problems, be prepared.
– Alcohol: FBO has a no alcohol policy