The French Broad River is the third oldest river in the world and travels South to North. Named because it flows into what was French territory to the west during the time of the European settlers prior to the Louisiana purchase, and, of course, for its width. The section we float is wide, deep, and slow flowing. It’s perfect for paddlers of all levels. All of our trips are unguided to allow guests to enjoy the trip at their own speed.
RIVER ARTS DISTRICT
6 Miles – 3 hours – $40 per person
See Asheville from a different perspective! This urban float carves through the River Arts District, home to over 150 artists’ studios along the French Broad River.
- This is the most popular section of river we offer!
- Float through the heart of the River Arts Districts’ over 200 artist studios.
- Catch a glimpse of and smell some of Asheville’s best restaurants and breweries along the way!
- Stop in at the Bywater by our shop to relax after the trip.
Choose from a Kayak, Canoe, SUP, or Tandem KayakBook Now!
HISTORIC BILTMORE TOUR
6 Miles – 2.5 hours – $40 per person
Trip availability begins April 15
- See the world famous Biltmore Estate from a different perspective, as you float through the lush grounds and have a picturesque, unobstructed view.
- This trip is the best option for fishermen/women hoping to catch a big one!
- Enjoy paddling by the Biltmore house, stables, and past Antler Hill Village and the winery.
- The Biltmore is all private property, you cannot exit the river on this trip, but plan on having a cold one at our riverside bar at your take-out!
- Fewer people, more wildlife and scenery makes this a perfect trip for everyone!
Choose from a Kayak, Canoe, Tandem Kayak, or SUPBook Now!
We also offer a 6 person SUP called the Invader! Call to check out the biggest SUP in town!